Friday, January 29, 2010

She Reads

If you haven't checked out She Reads at the Proverbs 31 Ministries website, then you are missing a treat, especially if you like to read Christian fiction. She Reads is one of Proverbs 31's newest branches of ministry. It helps point fiction readers to the best Christian fiction out there.

Now I will be the first to admit that a lot of Christian fiction doesn't live up to my "novel" expectations. However, I have read two books that were exceptionally written and with great plots -- The Shape of Mercy by Susan Meissner and Eye of the God by Ariel Allison. Both of these books were recommended by She Reads. I liked them enough that I passed them both on to my daughter-in-law to read.

Check out She Reads! http://www.shereads.org/

Do you know of some great Christian fiction that is a must read? Let me know--I am a bookworm and would love to put a few new books on my "must read" list.

Happy Reading,

Susanne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What up, Susanne. I'm a new Christian and I've decided to make a blog about it. I'm looking for like-minded bloggers to share with, and your site looks pretty cool. The only full-on Christian book I've ever read was Mere Christianity, by C.S. Lewis. I enjoyed it, although it was a bit rigid and dry. I'm a writer as well, self published.

Unknown said...

It sounds like your readers would enjoy my new release, Angela 1: Starting Over. Set in a coastal Texas high school, it comes from a wealth of Christian values but does preach or proselytise. If interested in finding out about it, please click on my name and follow the link to my website. Thanks!