Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Just a Spoonful of Sugar

Do your remember Mary Poppins singing, "Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down." Humpf! Tell that to my three-year-old granddaughter who just had her tonsils out. At this point she doesn't care how much sugar or flavoring is in it. She's not swallowing nothin'!

Which brings me to another point. Everytime I go to the pharmacy I read a sign with a smile child that states, "Get your medicine in your favorite flavor--cherry, lime, or grape. My question is, do we want children to "like" medicine? Or perhaps it might be worthwhile for it to taste nasty. Hmmm...just a thought since I have two adult friends who like prescription drugs way too much.

And on another note, I went to the dermalogist for an overall skin check. He says, "My, you have a lot of sun damage." (Really, I was a sun worshipper for years and I live in Las Vegas.)

Then he says, "I have a wonderful cream that will rejuvenate your skin. It's by prescription only." He proceeds to tell me all the miraculous things this will do for me--makes it sound like I will look 25 again.

Sold! He writes me the prescription and advises I fill it at Walmart since it won't be covered by insurance.

Okey Dokey! Off I traipse to Wally World. I wait for 30 minutes. I go to pick it up and the clerk looks at me and says, "We don't have it in stock, we have to order it. Plus, it will be $177.00."

Eeek! I told her never mind. I will just go back to my Oil of Olay. Maybe I'll add some sugar to it and make a facial sugar scrub.


2 comments:

Jenniflower said...

hehe I would have done the same thing! That is outrageous :)

I have always wanted to visit LV, am visiting Cali in Aug, but won't get down to LV. Next time!

Unknown said...

I think I would stick to the Oil of Olay also. Or I will just stay looking like the 40 something year old that I am. LOL