Monday, June 22, 2009

If It's Not One Thing

Yesterday was Father's Day. My husband and I spent it lounging around. He went motorcycle riding, read the Sunday paper and watched the US Open -- a great day for him. Later, he took me to Borders for a great cup of coffee and we split a double chocolate cupcake. Yummy.

Later, my sister called to let me know that my beloved step-mom had been taken to the emergency room. To make a long story short, after hours and much testing in the emergency room, they sent her home. I think she is going to be fine and someone is staying with her tonight. I wish I could be there, but I am 500 miles away.

Tomorrow my chickadee peep, Emily, is having her tonsils out. Oh, I wish I could be with her, but she is 1700 miles away. Thankfully, our Father's eyes are on the sparrow--both young and old.

Thank you, Father, for being a great Dad always.


No comments: