Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Prince Caspian

All right, I didn’t read it—I listened. A while back, I purchased the complete dramatic Narnia series from Focus on the Family. So, I decided to listen to Prince Caspian before I see it in the theater. It was a complete delight.

I highly recommend purchasing this set of CD’s for a great summer listen. The whole set of CD’s runs about $45.00 and makes for 22 hours of entertainment. They include all seven of books in the Narnia series, including The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. If you are planning a road trip this summer, the miles will slip by. If you are flying, download them onto your MP3 player and enjoy the flight.

Focus on the Family did an amazing job with C.S. Lewis’s stories. They are dramatized, so the characters come to life. These unique stories will mesmerize your kids. And you will experience the magic of childhood yourself—what a way to begin the summer!



3 comments:

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Oh CS Lewis is always a good read (or listen). I will tell you that the movie doesn't stick closely to the book this time. I read about it in my newest issue of God's World' Magazine. The movie is still good, though. However, I preferred the first one as I really enjoyed getting to know the strange creatures. This one seems to focus more on the human aspect.

My children have really enjoyed the CS Lewis books on CD. It's better than TV!! Have a fun day!

Anonymous said...

haven't seen Prince Caspian yet but definitely looking forward to it... i'll have to look over the book one more time just to remind myself how the original story goes

Anonymous said...

Hi Susanne,

Another post that interested me, so once again I am little late to the comment party...

But I assume by now you have seen the movie. And you and fellow commenter Patrick have probably found out that one does need the book to remind them of the original because the movie alone couldn't really do it.

I think Focus (coupled with my imagination) has ruined me for any and all of the Narnia movies that may be made.

I enjoyed them as movies, but not as classic literature brought to life... Not like the FoF versions do. They are so perfect, aren't they?

David Suchet can't be touched by Liam Neeeson; this I know from the bottom of my heart.