Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day in Minnesota!

Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree

I looked out the window and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise!
Popcorn popping right before my eyes.
I can take a handful and make a treat.
A popcorn ball that smells so sweet.
It wasn't really so, but it seemed to be
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.

After the Happy Birthday song, this is the first song I remember learning as a child. Well, this morning, I looked out my window and this is what I saw!

Remember those who gave their lives for our country. Celebrate our national freedom.

2 comments:

Margaret said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margaret said...

Beautiful tree and great poem. You reminded me to take some of my apricots from last year out of the freezer. Thanks.