Saturday, January 24, 2009

Stolen Identity

The other night my home phone rang late in the evening. I did not answer because I did not recognize the number assuming it was a telemarketer. Immediately my cell phone rang—same number. I now know that it is actually someone trying to reach me.

“Hello?” I say.

“Hello, this is American Express. We are calling in regard to your credit card. We feel that it may have been compromised.”


Then they ask me some security questions which I pass. But then they ask me the big question.

“Have you purchased $1700.00 for Air France tickets?”

“No,” I answer.

However, wistfully I wish I had been the one to purchase them. Paris sounds wonderful to me. A vacation in France would be a dream come true. I want to go far away from my mundane life and its garden variety of troubles.


Back to reality—someone has stolen a part of my identity. They purchased shoes from Zappos and the tickets for travel. I wondered how they would get by the TSA at the airport. But that is not my problem or concern. But yet, I think that whoever did these fraudulent transactions is someone’s child--a child that has strayed into crime. I wonder if there is a praying parent out there somewhere.

“We have cancelled this card and will Fed-Ex you a new card,” the American Express representative states.

“Thank you,” I answer.

Then I go to my office cut up my old credit card, and then I shoot up a prayer for the person who stole my identity.

“Once you had no identity as a people; now you are God’s people. Once you received no mercy; now you have received God’s mercy.” 1 Peter 2:10 (NLT)

***This is copies from Susanne’s blog Divine Prayers found at: http://divineprayers.wordpress.com/


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just had my card number taken and Curt had his about two months ago. His "person" bought furniture in Sweden!

Amy Carroll said...

Suzanne,
You challenged me today when I read that you prayed for the one who stole your identity. Thanks!

I also wanted to tell you that your cover is GORGEOUS! Those sets of eyes are so beautiful. Again, I was challenged to pray, pray, pray for my children. Thanks for your transparency.

Hugs,
Amy

Carolyn E. Ryberg said...

Susanne,

Bless you, for overcoming evil with good ... I thank God for the gift you are in Him!

Much Grace & Peace ~ Carolyn