Saturday, January 26, 2008

Brrrr . . .

I am in Minnesota and its cold. It has been as low as 13 degrees below zero. I thought my nose had been frostbitten, but my son said, “It’s frost-nipped.” Whatever! My nose is sore, red, and scaly. It feels frostbitten to me, a girl from the deserts of Nevada.

Nevertheless, it’s worth the frigid temperatures to visit my son, daughter-in-love, and my granddaughters. Emily is 21 months and Brianne is eight months. They keep me blessed and busy.

It is interesting to watch them mature and become electronics savvy. Most of their toys are replicas of computers, cell phones, and MP3 players. Amazingly, they owned an I-pod before I did. My husband just brought home an early Valentine’s gift for me, a darling blue I-pod that I am attempting to learn to use.

Stay tuned. More thoughts on the tsunami wave of electronics that have bombarded our daily lives. However, for now, I need to shut down my laptop and head to bed.

No comments: