Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Journey Began

Ten years ago, I began a new journey.  Mark and I were part of a church plant called  The Crossing here in Las Vegas.  It's hard to believe that it was 10-years ago, but this past Sunday we celebrated our 10-year anniversary.  (I guess we can't even be called a "church plant" any longer.)

I was on staff for several years as the Women's Ministries director.  I have fond memories of launching Bible studies and MOPs.  We held retreats, teas, and even a Valentine Spa.  Fun stuff.  Jesus showed up and did some amazing things in women's life--miracles actually.

The Lord gave me two Scriptures when we began.

Then will all your people be righteous and they will possess the land forever. They are the shoot I have planted, the work of my hands, for the display of my splendor. (Isaiah 60:21 NIV)
 
My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ,
in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Colossians 2:2-3 NIV)
 
On Sunday I watched women, whose lives have been transformed, worship the Lord God Almighty. He had fulfilled these words of promise, hope, and redemption.  His daughters rejoiced in His faithfulness.


Today I thank God for having had the privilege to journey along side of my pastors, Shane and Scott. Along with my dear friend, Connie and the other women who served on the women's leadership team.
 
Rejoicing,

No comments: