Thursday, April 17, 2008

500 Miles of Friendship

A couple of weekends ago my trip odometer registered 520 miles. The drive from Las Vegas to Southern California is about a five hour drive. I drove with two girlfriends to our home church women’s retreat. I had dreaded the drive and the California traffic.

However, with girlfriends in the car to split the gas costs, to keep me laughing, to help with the driving the trip flew by. We giggled. We shared our hearts. We prayed. Before we knew it, the road trip was over.

Late on Sunday night, I snuggled underneath the sheets and thought about girlfriends. What would life be like devoid of friends? I know my life would be lackluster without all of my dear friends. I believe life would be a slow sad process without their companionship.

So Connie, Shelley and Teresa, I want you to know I had a blast on our retreat weekend. God wowed with us Friendship and you blessed me with your friendship.

It's better to have a partner than go it alone.
Share the work, share the wealth.
And if one falls down, the other helps,
But if there's no one to help, tough!

Two in a bed warm each other.
Alone, you shiver all night.

By yourself you're unprotected.
With a friend you can face the worst.
Can you round up a third?
A three-stranded rope isn't easily snapped.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (MsgB)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was reminded of your "Double Portion" post the other day, and prayed the Lord would give me 2x the energy tonight (3rd shift job, ~4 hours of sleep, rough week). Thank you for being an encouragement! God bless.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

Missy said...

Susanne, just a few minutes ago I was crouched in the corner of my kitchen, while my kids watched TV, praying about the lack of Christian friendships in my life.

Then I had the urge to check my email and read your devotional, which completely hit the spot.

I LOVE it when God does stuff like that. Reminds me who my BFF is.

Thank you for being his vessel!