Saturday, January 26, 2013

Sheep Thoughts

Our car came to a complete stop on the winding mountain road. The herd of sheep meandered across the highway. They sashayed their way across the road to munch on a few mouthfuls of grass. The shepherd tried to hurry them across the asphalt, but to no avail.


Although several cars were delayed on their way up to Bryce National Park, no one seemed to mind. The people in the cars enjoyed watching the unexpected wooly spectacle—sheep and their shepherd making their way through life. 

As we waited for the road to clear, my imagination took over. Thoughts floated through my mind—sheep thoughts.

Sheep thought: “I belong to no one.”
The Shepherd says, “You are my flock, the sheep of my pasture. You are my people, and I am your God, says the Sovereign Lord.” (Ezekiel 34:31 NLT) 

Sheep thought: “I am lost.”
The Shepherd says, “For this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I myself will search for my sheep and look after them.” (Ezekiel 34:11 NIV) 

Sheep thought: “No one cares.”
The Shepherd says, “When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. Mark 6:34 (NIV) 

Sheep thought: “I am afraid.”
The Shepherd says, “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.” (John 10:11 NIV) 

Sheep thought: “This is my shepherd!”
The Shepherd says, “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me.” John 10:14 (NIV) 

 Sheep thought:

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake. (Psalm 23:1-3 NIV)



The road clears and we drive on  . . . life goes on . . .

Seeking the Mystery,

Susanne

1 comment:

Oscar said...

I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com