Monday, January 1, 2007

New Year = New Approach!

One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.
- Psalm 27:4 (NIV)


I used to make New Year’s resolutions. The resolutions usually centered on losing weight, more exercise, or keeping my ironing from piling up into heaps. Unfortunately, I always reverted to my old behaviors by about the third week in January. Can you relate?

However, I do have one tradition that begins each January. I purchase a new devotional book and prayer journal. These new quiet time tools help me to start the New Year in a fresh approach in seeking the Lord Jesus’ will for the new year. The past is behind me and the future is in God’s hands. It’s a new beginning.

Let’s begin this year together in learning “to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord.”
I have listed in the resource section some of my favorite devotionals that will aid you in your own devotional times. Grab a notebook and jot down your thoughts and prayers as your spend time with the Lord Jesus in 2007.

Not only will they help you to recognize and recall answered prayers, but also they will be a legacy of God’s faithfulness in your life.

Listen, I hear Him calling to us…
"Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place . . .”
(Mark 6:31 NIV)

Happy New Year!

No comments: